Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT
– Bravo!’s new series showcases six of Canada’s finest photographers –
Toronto, ON (October 27, 2008) – SNAPSHOT presents prolific photographers as they’re rarely seen – in front of the camera – Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT, beginning November 13 on Bravo! The six-episode series examines the shutterbugs who redefine standard notions of beauty. From photo shoots to exhibits, each SNAPSHOT episode documents the world from a photographer’s perspective through candid interviews and stunning artwork.
· Episode 1 (Nov. 13): Greg Girard contrasts Shanghai’s eroded buildings with its vibrant urban landscape.
· Episode 2 (Nov. 20): Robyn Cumming captures the tragic and mundane in her signature quirky and dramatic style.
· Episode 3 (Nov. 27): Rob MacInnis recreates the drama of a fashion shoot with barnyard animals as models.
· Episode 4 (Dec. 4): Cylla von Tiedemann is renowned as one of Canada’s most treasured and imaginative dance photographers.
· Episode 5 (Dec. 11): Eamon MacMahon is a gypsy at heart with a camera in hand who shoots northern Canadian landscapes and their landlocked inhabitants.
· Episode 6 (Dec. 18): Jaret Belliveau is a master at being a fly-on-the-wall who is best-known for a photo series on the life and death of his mother.
SNAPSHOT is created, written, and directed by Bob Barrett and produced by Sound Venture Productions and ACME Pictures in association with Bravo! For more information SNAPSHOT, visit www.soundventure.com/snapshot/home.html.
Bravo! is an oasis in the television landscape where viewers make a regular appointment with the arts (www.bravo.ca). A proud supporter of the Canadian independent production community, Bravo! has been a major contributor to such productions as Godiva’s, Ballet Girls, Manufacturing Dissent and Gemini award-winning series Bathroom Divas. Bravo! is owned by CTV Limited, a division of CTVglobemedia, Canada’s premiere multi-media company.