Emerging singer-songwriters on a quest to become the next hit-makers complete for a career boost in PLATINUM HIT premiering Sunday, June 5 at 10 p.m. ET on MuchMore.
The competition is led by head judge, Kara DioGuardi, and hosted by recording artist Jewel, who also serves as a judge. The series, from the producers of TOP CHEF and PROJECT RUNWAY, follow 12 singer-songwriters on their journey through weekly challenges and offers an inside look into the creative process of making hit songs.
Like PROJECT RUNWAY meets AMERICAN IDOL, PLATINUM HIT contestants are voted off on a weekly basis. Contenders battle through songwriting challenges that test their creativity throughout the series and explore a variety of musical genres as they attempt to write a new hit song.
In addition to DioGuardi and Jewel, the judging panel includes Keith Naftaly, SVP of A&R for RCA/Jive Label Group at Sony Music Entertainment. A celebrity judge also helps the panel make their weekly decision – Leona Lewis, Natasha Bedingfield, Donna Summer, Taio Cruz, Ryan Tedder, and Jermaine Dupri are all set to appear.
Meet the contestants:
· Amber Ojeda, 27, San Diego, CA
· Blessing Offor, 22, Hamden, CT
· Brian Judah, 33, Studio City, CA
· Jackie Tohn, 30, Oceanside, NY
· Jes Hudak, 29, Saratoga Springs, NY
· Johnny Marnell, 29, Kingston, NY
· Karen Waldrup, 24, Mandeville, LA
· Melissa Rapp, 32, Honolulu, HI
· Nevin James, 22, Pittsburgh, PA
· Nick Nittoli, 23, Garfield, NJ
· Scotty Granger, 23, New Orleans, LA
· Sonyae Elise, 23, Newark/Montclair, NJ
Throughout the competition, viewers watch personalities clash, personal drama unfold, and hear original hits in the making. But only one contestant can be named the ultimate hitmaker and walks away with a $100,000 cash prize, a publishing deal with Sony, BMI Songwriters The Writing Camp, and a recording contract with RCA/Jive.