From dingy dogs to pampered pooches, and South Central to Rodeo Drive, Animal Planet brings the latest in the world of primping, preening and reality dog grooming! First, watch the contestants fight like cats and dogs to win the supreme dog-grooming title in Season 2 of GROOMER HAS IT returning Tuesday, April 14 at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT. Then, follow the 2008 “Groomer of the Year”, Artist Knox, in BEVERLY HILLS GROOMER, premiering Tuesday, May 19 at 9 p.m. ET/10 p.m. PT, as he takes to the chic streets of Beverly Hills to follow his dream of becoming a groomer to the stars.
Contestants from GROOMER HAS IT Season 2 premiering Tuesday, April 14 at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT
The catty comments and hissy fits are back as Season 2 of GROOMER HAS IT sniffs out 12 of America’s most creative and hard-working groomers – amateur and professional – and brings them to Los Angeles to compete for the 2009 title of “Groomer of the Year”. With tougher challenges and bigger rewards, see how inspired and competitive these groomers get as they transform some of the scruffiest-looking dogs to their doggie best!
Hosted by Emmy award-winner Jai Rodriguez (“Queer Eye for the Straight Guy”), watch as judges Dr. Karen Halligan, Xavier Santiago and Joey Villani put the groomers through their paces each week to see whose knowledge and skill can turn the shaggiest, most unstylish pooch into a fancy, prancing pup. The grand-prize winner will receive his/her very own state-of-the-art mobile grooming salon from Wag’n Tails Mobile Grooming, a brand-new Subaru Forester, a cash prize of $50,000 and the prestigious title of “Groomer of the Year”. Each of these groomers thinks he/she has what it takes to be top dog in this competition, but in reality, only one GROOMER HAS IT.
Meet the Groomers:
· Krista, 28 – “Vegas Girl Turned Groomer” with two years of experience from Sherwoord Park, Alberta, CAN
· Cassandra, 25 – “The Spunky Chic” with five years experience from Akron, OH
· Danielle, 25 – “Groomer from the Bronx” with 11 years of experience from Los Angeles, CA
· Huber, 42 – “Groomer with a Heart” with 33 years of experience from Los Angeles, CA
· Jessica, 22 – “The Girl Next Door” with four years of experience from Jefferson, MA
· Joe, 58 – “Chicken Joe” with more than 50 years of experience from Wells, ME
· Lisa, 42 – “Veteran Groomer” with 30 years of experience from Genoa, IL
· Marco, 25 – “All Business” with three years of experience from Redondo Beach, CA
· Michael, 39 – “Confident Groomer” with five years of experiences from Chicago, IL
· Sherri, 28 – “The PTA Mom” with eight years of experience from Medina, OH
· Vanessa, 27 – “The Animal Communicator” with 10 years of experience from Long Grove, IL
· William, 41 – “The Fashionista” with 16 years of experience from Delray Beach, FL
Then in the highly anticipated spin-off from Animal Planet’s successful first season reality competition series, GROOMER HAS IT, comes BEVERLY HILLS GROOMER! Continuing the story of the newly crowned “Groomer of the Year,” Artist Knox, BEVERLY HILLS GROOMER shows how Artist found his calling in the unlikeliest of places – dog grooming – after growing up on the rough streets of South Central.
Determined to prove that an underdog can become the top dog in the grooming industry, Artist is bringing his infectious charm, signature style and grooming skills – along with his recent winnings – to the ultra chic streets of Beverly Hills. In this 12-part, half-hour, fish-out-of-water reality series, BEVERLY HILLS GROOMER documents the trials and tribulations of Artist as he recruits furry and fabulous clients alike, raises funds to open his own shop and hopes to beat the odds of becoming a business success. Armed with his mobile grooming truck, his trusty dog Bumpy by his side and his credo, “one for me, one for free,” Artist’s ultimate goal is to give back to his community and the dogs that need him most.