The brand-new series, Restaurant Takeover, boasts a fresh take on a classic with the help of new faces, an exciting undercover twist and an entire menu chock full of culinary and design challenges along the way.
Restaurant Takeover premieres August 30 at 9pm ET/6pm PT on Food Network Canada.
In each episode, two industry top guns are challenged to overhaul a failing restaurant’s menu and decor in just six days. In a last ditch effort to give their restaurants a fighting chance at survival, desperate owners anxiously hand over the reins to the experts, putting their livelihoods on the table in hopes of bringing their business back into the limelight.
In Restaurant Takeover, the experts delve in deeper than ever before – with the help of hidden cameras. Before they get to work, each chef and designer will have the chance to put on their spy goggles to learn just why each restaurant is in need of a revamp.
In this new series, chefs Corbin Tomaszeski and Massimo Capra and designers Cherie Stinson and Cheryl Torrenueva of Restaurant Makeover fame join fresh faces Chefs Richard Andino, Derek Minkensky, Andrea Nicholson and Adam Hynam-Smith, as well as designers Montana Burnett, Paula Velez, Amanda Campbell and Alison Milne.
The series will feature 13 restaurants from across Ontario, including:
· Village Pizza, Tottenham; August 30
· Curry & Roti, Scarborough; September 6
· Peninsula Resort, Pefferlaw; September 13
· Shamrock & Thistle, Etobicoke; September 20
· Sunnybrook, Toronto; September 27
· El Fogon, Toronto; October 4
· Hillbilly Heaven, Hamilton; October 11
· Vindaloo Indian Cuisine, Scarborough; October 18
· Brownstone Bistro, Toronto; October 25
· Royal Caribbean, Toronto; November 1
· Rap’s, Toronto; November 8
· Naan & Kabob, Toronto; November 15
· Frankie’s, Toronto; November 22