Marci Ien and Jeff Hutcheson host daily Olympic Games Viewer Panel, Olympic Games updates at the top of every hour and as always bringing the latest news to Canadians.
Monday, July 30
• OLYMPIC GAMES VIEWER PANEL: Throughout the Games, CANADA AM gathers a panel of opinionated commentators and viewers to discuss their favourite moments and take a look forward to events coming up that day. In the first edition, Damon Allen and Jennifer Botterill join CANADA AM to recap events that took place over opening weekend.
• THE PATENT TRIAL OF THE CENTURY is what the legal battle between Apple and Samsung is being billed as. As the two tech giants prepare to duke it out over patents for parts used in their products, Tech Expert Mark Saltzman outlines the case to date.
• RACHEL JOYCE: Her debut novel, The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry, about a retired sales rep who sets out on a walk to see a dying friend, is causing quite a stir in literary circles and flying off bookstore shelves. CANADA AM talks to Joyce about how her father’s battle with cancer inspired her to tell the story of Harold Fry.
Tuesday, July 31
• OLYMPIC GAMES VIEWER PANEL: CANADA AM’s panel looks at how Team Canada has performed out of the starting gate with a panel made up of familiar faces of CANADA AM contributors.
• SUMMER FASHION SLEEPERS: CANADA AM finds out what the surprise trends have been this summer according to Liv Judd from LuLu Magazine.
• RARE: Judith Thompson wrote and directed this play about Down syndrome for the Toronto Fringe Festival that has been brining audiences to their feet. This morning, CANADA AM talks to the director and one of the actors.
Wednesday, August 1
• FOOD TRUCKS: They’re not just chip trucks anymore! CANADA AM rolls on the trend of mobile gourmet food trucks with a special half-hour devoted to visiting, tasting, and trying out these trucks giving new meaning to “food on the go”.
• SAYING FINANCIAL I-DO’s: As wedding season continues, CTV News’ Senior Financial Commentator Pattie Lovett-Reid talks about merging money after marriage. How to plan for wedded financial bliss beyond the big day.
Thursday, August 2
• OLYMPIC GAMES VIEWER PANEL: Through the eyes of a child, CANADA AM chats with special pint-size reporter Jamie and his mom Jennifer Reynolds, Editor-in-Chief of Canadian Family Magazine, about how they are enjoying London 2012 as a family.
• NGOZI TROTTMAN: She is a calypso singer who will be performing at the Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival. This morning, she keeps the rhythm on the CANADA AM Soundstage.
• CHIP FROM THE GREEN: Put that putter away for this week’s golf tip with PGA Golfer Stephen Ames as he teaches Jeff Hutcheson to chip on the green.
Friday, August 3
• OLYMPIC GAMES VIEWER PANEL: Finishing up the first week of London 2012, CANADA AM gathers a panel including; TSN Radio 1050 host Matt Cauz to take a look back at the highs and lows of week one.
• RUBY SPARKS: Another little film that could from the producers of Little Miss Sunshine! Richard Crouse sits down with actors Zoe Kazan and Paul Dano – a couple, on and off the screen – about this unconventional quirky love story.
• FILM FRIDAY: Richard Crouse reviews new releases Total Recall, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Ruby Sparks and 360.