Sunday’s match was also the most-watched program of the week on all Canadian television.
The audience for the game peaked at just under 3 million viewers as Italy won 4-2 in the shootout following a 0-0 tie with England.
Overall more than 4.6 million Canadians tuned in to watch some or all of yesterday’s broadcast on TSN.
The Italy-England game highlighted a UEFA Euro 2012 quarter-final round on TSN that averaged 1.27 million viewers over four games. A breakdown of the quarter-final average audiences is as follows:
• Italy vs. England – 2.058 million viewers
• Spain vs. France – 1.13 million viewers
• Germany vs. Greece – 917,000 viewers
• Portugal vs. Czech Republic – 652,000 viewers
TSN’s complete coverage of UEFA EURO 2012 continues this week with the semifinal matches and Final game on Sunday, July 1 at 2 p.m. ET. All games are available on TSN, TSN Radio, TSN.ca and TSN Mobile TV.
Wednesday, June 27
• Semifinal: Spain vs. Portugal at 2 p.m. ET
Thursday, June 28
• Semifinal: Italy vs. Germany at 2 p.m. ET
Sunday, July 1
• Final at 2 p.m. ET
*Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.